Elixir Strings are Roundwound, by far the most popular format with a comfortable ribbed texture and brighter sound. Half Round strings are ground down to give smoother feel and warmer tone, while Flatwound strings have an ultra-smooth surface and a vintage sound that makes them popular for mellow, jazzy playing.
I’m sliding up and down the fretboard, moving capos mid-song, and trying to hit harmonics on their sweet spot.
"I love that Elixir Strings don't ever hold me back or slow me down" - Trace Bundy
Elixir® Strings protects the entire string with a thin coating that prevents the gunk build up and corrosion that can compromise your tone over time.
GOOD TO GO
WHENEVER ● WHEREVER
With the longest lasting tone, Elixir® Strings eliminates distractions and keeps you playing whenever, wherever creativity strikes.
GREAT TONE THAT LASTS
Elixir Strings has the longest lasting tone compared to any string, coated or uncoated. Sounds great gig after gig. Session after session.
With featherweight coatings and anti-rust plating, our strings are protected against tone-killing debris and stand up to sweaty hands and humidity.
Elixir Strings can withstand wildly fluctuating temperatures, and even the worst of humidity. Our strings deliver consistent performance no matter the environment.
GREATER TUNING STABILITY
Players report Elixir Strings stay in tune for longer, eliminating endless tunings that keep your guitars from consistently sounding their best.
Elixir's Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Strings with NANOWEB Coating deliver a bright, lively tone and the NANOWEB coating protects the entire string and keeps gunk out of the gaps between windings. It also provides a smooth feel and reduces finger squeak for enhanced playing and performance.
Gauges: .012, .016, .024, .032, .042, .053 Polyweb coating
- Elixir Strings retain their tone longer than any other string, uncoated or coated, according to players. They provide the playability and long lasting tone that top artists worldwide depend upon, and are available with Nanoweb or Polyweb coating.
- Elixir Acoustic 80/20 Bronze Strings with Polyweb Coating deliver a warm, "played-in" tone together with extended tone life that players have come to expect from Elixir Strings.
- Only coated string brand to protect the entire string with an ultra-thin coating, keeping gunk out of the gaps between the windings
- Extended Tone Life – players report their tone lasts longer than any other string, uncoated or coated
- Consistent performance and tone – ready to play whenever you are
- Smooth feel that is easy on your fingers and enhances playability
- Reduces finger squeak – good for both performance and recording
- Anti-Rust Plated Plain Steel Strings resist tone-deadening corrosion, ensuring a longer life for entire set
- With less hassle and expense of frequent string changes, spend more time making music